Candler-McAfee is a small town in Gwinnett County, Georgia. It was created in 2015 when the city of North Druid Hills merged with the town of Candler, Georgia. North Druid Hills was settled in the late 19th century, and Candler was established in the early 1900s. The town was named after John Archibald Candler, a founder of Standard Oil.
The location is in the heart of the financial district of downtown Atlanta, not far from the Georgia State Capitol and Centennial Olympic Park. It is also only a few blocks from the Atlanta Public Library, the Georgia Aquarium, and the Martin Luther King, Jr. National Historic Site.
The Cobblestone Village, established in 1848, is the largest historic district in Coffee County, Georgia. It is famous for its churches, stately homes, and commercial buildings. The population is approximately 9,800. The schools in the Cobblestone Village include Cobblestone Elementary School and Cobblestone Middle School. The Government of Candler-McAfee, or the GOC, is a group of people who came together in a failed attempt to create a sovereign state in the municipality of Candler, in the county of McAfee, in the state of Georgia.
Its capital city is Hunter’s Hill. Its current President is Darren McCaskey and its Vice President is Carl Vinson. Its current House of Representatives consists of 4 members, represented by both Democratic and Republican representatives.
Candler-McAfee, Georgia The Candler-McAfee area is a part of the Piedmont Plateau, a region defined by rolling hills and fertile valleys bordered by the Blue Ridge Mountains and the Chattahoochee River. The area is roughly bounded by Atlanta (to the north), the Chattahoochee River (to the west), and Lake Lanier (to the east). The area is well-known for its agricultural production, particularly peaches, cotton, peanuts, and corn. Candler-McAfee is also the site of a great deal of historical interest. The city of Candler is named for Bishop Warren Akin Candler, the founder of Emory University.
Candler-McAfee is a census-designated place located in Habersham County, Georgia, United States, along the banks of the Tallulah River. The town is named after the first two United States Senators from Georgia, John E. Candler, and Benjamin Harvey Hill, who served in the Senate between 1817 and 1829. The town is home to the Habersham County Courthouse, which is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
It is a census-designated place (CDP) in Candler County, Georgia, United States. The population was 3,417 at the 2010 census. Candler-McAfee is a small town located approximately 30 miles west of Savannah, Georgia. A post office called McAfee was established in 1841 and remained in operation until 1958. The community was named after the McAfee family of pioneer settlers.
n the late 1750s, General James Oglethorpe, the founder of Georgia, established the town of New Inverness in order to establish better trade with the Cherokee. After the British government established the South Carolina colony, Oglethorpe found his new town to be in the future boundary of South Carolina. He moved the town to its current site at the confluence of the Savannah and Ogeechee rivers. The population of Candler-McAfee, Georgia is 1039. The population density is 41.13 people per square mile. The median age is 41.2. The phone area code is 706.